Focus and Scope
Cities People Places journal is the official journal associated with the ‘Cities People & Places’ (ICCPP) Annual Conference being organized by the University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. Two ICCPP conferences were held in Colombo in 2013 and 2014 and these have established the event as a credible academic endeavor that can bring together academics and practitioners in the fields of urban design, architecture and allied arts. By generating a mass and diversity of knowledge on urban spaces, people and places in cities, the conference is contributing to a greater understanding of cities and urban settlement systems in the modern world. This publication consolidates the development of this knowledge to be made available to a wider spectrum of academics and practitioners.
The aims of the journal are to:
- Promote scholarly activities of the Sri Lankan academics engaged in urban research.
- Promote a multi-disciplinary understanding of cities and urban spaces, by encouraging academic papers by architects, engineers, planners, geographers, ethnographers, psychologists and many others and by applying multi-disciplinary perspectives.
- Promote the development of a holistic view of the city by focusing upon people and places.
- Act as a catalyst for urban research.
- Act as a catalyst for people oriented urban policy making particularly in the Asian region.
All articles published in the journal are deposited with Crossref
Cities, People, Places publishes two issues per volume; to be published in January and July.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
This journal is available for LOCKSS harvesting, to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. See LOCKSS harvesting start page.